Prep and cooking:
- Dry roast red chilli, coriander seeds, jeera, black pepper, fennel seeds and methi seeds until their aromas are released.
- Put them in a blending jar, then add garlic, ginger and tamarind water and grind them into a fine paste.
- Adjust the consistency by adding a little water.
- Heat some ghee in a pan, add chopped onions and cook them until they turn translucent.
- Pour the prepared paste into the pan and cook on low flame for 1-2 minutes.
- Add curd and stir continuously.
- Increase the flame and cook until ghee is released.
- Add salt. Sprinkle sugar/jaggery to balance the taste.
- Add Tempayy cubes and curry leaves, mix well.
- Cook for 3-4 minutes and serve hot.
GHEE ROAST RECIPE| WHY CHOOSE HELLO TEMPAYY
Hello Tempayy offers you 100% plant-based, vegetarian, and gluten/dairy-free tempeh. So whether you are a vegetarian, vegan, flexitarian, or looking for a healthy veg option on meat-free Tuesdays, Tempeh is for everyone.
Furthermore, it's packed with 19g of protein, fortified with vitamin B12 and iron, loaded with gut-friendly probiotics (due to the 36 hour fermentation process), has a low glycemic index, no carbs, no lactose, and zero cholesterol.
Oh, and its mild nutty flavour and firm, earthy texture make it the ideal base ingredient for recipes like ghee roast. Not only is it easier to cook with but the neutral taste means it absorbs the flavor of the condiments perfectly well.
All in all, Hello Tempayy’s Tempeh not only is a healthier alternative to paneer and tofu, but also is a chef's delight and available at affordable prices.
TEMPEH GHEE ROAST RECIPE TIPS FROM HELLO TEMPAYY
- It is important to make a fine paste of the whole spices before cooking.
- One of the best tempeh ghee roast recipe tips is to adjust the consistency.
- It is also important to stir continuously to get a smooth paste.
- It is crucial to control the flame during the cooking process.
FOR 200 GMS OF TEMPAYY
Dry red chilli/Kashmiri chilli7-8 Nos
Coriander seeds1 Tbsp
Black pepper1 Tbsp
Fennel seeds1 Tbsp
Methi/Fenugreek seeds1 Tbsp
Tamarind water2 Tbsp
Tempayy cubes200 Gm
Onion chopped1/4 Cup
Curd whisked2 Tbsp
Curry leaves8-10 Nos