Hop on the ride to tasty town with Tempayy and add some delish protein to all your meals with this versatile ingredient! Marinate it well, sautee and you are good to go with this culinary superstar. We’ve got easy recipes for every mood, be it a quick and healthy lunch, a dinner date or a Netflix watch party. Go on, dig in to our recipes and get ready to cook your heart out.
Tempeh is a veg protein made by fermenting whole soybeans that are often used in vegetarian and vegan dishes as a versatile and protein-rich ingredient. It is made by fermenting cooked soybeans with a tempeh starter to allow the beans to culture and for the good bacteria in the starter to bind the beans together into a firm block (similar to a block of Paneer or Tofu) called Tempeh.
... Tempeh can be used in most recipes as it takes on all flavours very well. You can add to your curries or stir-fries as a replacement for paneer or tofu, or saute it/ bake it and add it to salads or sandwiches. It has a firm texture and can be used as cubes, minced, mashed or as strips making it suitable for a variety of dishes, consumption moments, and cuisines. Tempeh is a great accompaniment for all types of beverages as the main snack. It is also used in a variety of cuisines from Asian to Indian to Continental.. When used in the same dishes that use other traditional protein sources such as tofu or paneer, tempeh has a firmer texture, soaks flavours better, and offers a better nutritional profile.
Have you ever tried tempeh? If not, you’re really missing out. Tempeh has an earthy, nutty flavour that takes well to any form of seasoning and therefore is easy to cook with and can be used in place of Tofu, Paneer or in a variety of recipes. It’s also inexpensive, making it a great choice for those on a budget.
Tempeh recipe suggested by Hello Tempayy
One of the most popular and easy methods of making tempeh is marinating/ seasoning and then sautéing or baking it. Sauteed Tempeh cubes give a hearty bite and body to the flavours added to it while baked Tempeh cubes have a crispy and caramelized texture when they are in the oven.
- Hello Tempayy offers you cubed Tempeh. Begin by emptying the Tempeh cubes into a bowl Tempeh has to be seasoned liberally for best results. Season/ marinate the Tempeh with your spices/ marinades of choice. You can use a simple mixture of salt, pepper, and chilli powder or use any spices or marinades as per the recipe required. ( Optional: The Tempeh can be steamed as well before marination. Hello Tempayy also offers Tempeh in 5 pre-marinated flavours where the Tempeh cubes come marinated and soaked in flavours in the pack.
- Then sautee the seasoned Tempeh with a bit of oil for 5-7 mins and it’s ready to be added into any recipe (Curries, sandwiches, salads, rolls, etc). Tempeh works great as a mince as well. You can either mince the Tempeh with a knife or crumble them with your hands and follow the same steps.
- In case you are baking the Tempeh, spread the cubes on a parchment-lined baking sheet and put them into the oven for 10 minutes. Set the temperature of the oven to 425-degree (200 degrees celsius). Once the cubes have been cooked for 10 minutes, remove them from the oven and brush on more marinade. Let the cubes bake for another 10 minutes until they are charred on the edges. Now simply enjoy them.
Best tempeh recipesthat you can try at home
Tempeh is a versatile product that takes on flavours well. Given below are a few recipes that will help you cook tempeh by adding it to any of your favourite dishes. This is a wholesome and healthy product that can be used as a replacement for tofu, paneer, beans, chickpeas, or animal protein in your food. Listed below are some of our tried and tested tempeh recipes that have worked oh-so-well with Tempeh.
- Tempayy Chettinad curry
- Tempayy home-style makhani
- Tempayy bolognese
- Tempayy Chettinad dry masala
- Tempayy stir fry
- Tempayy cutlets
- Tempayy ghee roast
- Tempayy tacos
- Tangra style chili tempayy
- Tempayy Kathi rolls
If you are looking for some healthy, easy and delicious tempeh recipes then you have come to the right place. At Hello Tempayy you will find various types of recipes across cuisines and cooking styles that have successfully incorporated tempeh. These classic tempeh recipes will definitely leave your mouth watering. At Hello Tempayy you will also find many more tempeh recipes apart from those listed above, so go check them out.
- What is the best way to eat tempeh?
- Should you boil tempeh before cooking?
- Is tempeh better sauteed, baked, or fried?
Tempeh is a versatile product and can be added to your favourite dishes easily as it takes well to all flavours. It can be used as cubes or mince, marinated/ seasoned, and sauteed. Use it in curries, stir-fries, sandwiches, tacos, salads, or any of the recipes available at Hello Tempayy.
Hello Tempayy’s Tempeh can be used for cooking without any boiling or steaming. Steaming your Tempeh ( for 10-15mins) is optional and it softens the Tempeh.
Since tempeh is a versatile product, it can be cooked using any of the above methods. Just season your Tempeh liberally and it will taste great.