Made by fermenting the best quality non-GMO soybeans, this deliciously versatile veg protein is rich in fibre, squeaky clean and can be used to make just about anything you crave.
• More Protein than Paneer & Tofu
• 10x less carbs than Soy chunks
• 10x less fat than Paneer
- • packed with protein • high fibre & low carb • rich in iron & B-12 • gut-friendly• packed with protein • high fibre & low carb • rich in iron & B-12 • gut-friendly
Good For YouRead more
Low carbs &
Dairy free &
How does Tempayy stack up
|Total fat (g)||6.8||22.0||4.8|
|Saturated Fat (g)||1.4||14.0||0.7|
|Dietary Fiber (g)||8.5||0.0||0.3|
|Net Carbs (g)||1.6||2.0||1.6|
Everything you need to know about TempehWhat is Tempeh?
Tempeh is a centuries-old food made by fermenting whole soybeans. It originated in Indonesia over 800 years ago and is currently gaining a lot of popularity around the world due to its excellent culinary and nutritive properties. ...
Tempeh is made using a controlled fermentation process using a natural starter culture. It is a clean source of protein with only 3 core ingredients- soybeans, water, and starter culture.
First, the whole soybeans (Non-GMO) are soaked for 24 hours and then dehulled and further boiled till they are completely soft and ready for the fermentation process. Once cooled and dried, the Tempeh starter is added to the soybeans and carefully fermented in a temperature-controlled space for up to 36 hours. After fermentation, the beans bind into nice white cake-like blocks ( similar to blocks of Paneer or Tofu) which are ready for consumption, and these blocks are known as tempeh. Tempeh is rich in nutrients and is a great plant-based protein.
Tempeh has a firm texture and a mild earthy and nutty flavour. Since it can absorb flavours really well, It is known as a culinary blank slate that can be used in a wide variety of recipes. It is this texture and versatility that makes tempeh a great ingredient that has found much popularity amongst the ever-growing community of conscious foodies and culinary experts.
Health Benefits of Tempeh
Tempeh is a great source of plant-based protein that is popular amongst vegetarians, vegans, and flexitarians alike. It is a fermented soy product that is a rich source of fibre and great for your gut health. It is also a food rich in vitamin B12, iron ( Hello Tempayy fortifies its Tempeh with Iron and Vitamin B-12) and contains a wide variety of nutrients, and is an excellent source of probiotics. It has a mild nutty taste, soaks flavour, and can be used in a variety of tempeh recipes across cuisines, cooking styles and consumption moments. It provides a great amount of high-quality protein and is higher in fibre than most other vegetarian sources of protein.
It is often used instead of Tofu, Indian cottage cheese (paneer) because of the numerous health benefits it has to offer. Eating tempeh can provide a variety of health benefits, that include reducing the risk of cardiovascular disease, improving gut health, reducing the risk of certain cancers, and improving digestion. It also contains small amounts of compounds called prebiotics, which can help promote the healthy bacteria in your gut. Unlike some new-age foods, which are often heavily processed and contain harmful additives, tempeh is a wholesome food and is made with no chemical processing with only 3 core ingredients and no preservatives or additives. Eating tempeh can also help you to reduce your intake of dairy-based or animal-based protein, which is often high in fat, cholesterol, and sodium. Tempeh is also dairy and gluten-free.
There are very few options available in vegetarian ingredients that contain a high amount of protein, however, tempeh is a great option for a high protein vegetarian food that can be included in your diet.
Buy best quality tempeh exclusively from Hello Tempayy at the best pricesTempeh can be introduced in a variety of dishes, such as stir-fries, curries, and salads. There are a number of different types of tempeh, each with its own unique flavour and nutritional properties. Our tempeh is completely gluten and dairy-free making them a great option for those with gluten or lactose intolerance.
At Hello Tempayy, you can find a variety of flavoured fresh tempeh ( 5 pre-marinated Tempeh flavours) such as Tawa masala Tempayycubes, Peppery Szechuan chilli Tempayy cubes, Simply sriracha Tempayy cubes, Spicy Peri Peri Tempayy Cubes, and Roasted Chettinad Tempeh Cubes. You can even choose from the many combos available online. All our products are made from high quality, Non-GMO soybeans and can be used in various dishes. Any flavour or type of tempeh you select, you will get fresh-cut Tempayy cubes delivered to your home in safe packing. If you are looking to buy tempeh online, Hello Tempayy is your go-to place. It is a store that will provide you with the best tempeh online.
- How to cook Tempayy (Tempeh)? Cooking Tempayy is easy-breezy. It can be used as cubes or minced. Just season/ marinate it liberally, sautee in a bit of oil for 5-7 mins and you are good to go. Toss it in a sauce, mince it in a masala, bread it and fry or add to any recipe of your choice. The perfect canvas to showcase your cooking skills.
- What Does Tempeh Taste Like? Tempayy ( Tempeh) has a mild nutty taste, a hearty and firm texture, and absorbs any flavour you throw at it. Easy to work with and incredibly versatile, it can be used to make a variety of dishes like curries, stir-fries, salads, starters, etc.
- What is healthier, tempeh or tofu? The rich nutritional profile of Tempayy(Tempeh) makes it widely considered to be a healthier alternative. The only thing in common between Tempayy and Tofu is that they are made from soy. Tempayy is made from whole soybeans and fermented using ancient culinary methods, while Tofu is made from curdled soy milk that is extracted from the bean.